Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Addiction

Before I go into my little ramble, I just want to make mention of how horrible I've been at updating this thing. Not that anyone reads it or anything, but just in case someone's watching... My apologies.

Now onto the post...

Kristie is my partner in crafty crime. We've been friends since we were like, 13. We've been through thick and thin, hell and high water, and every craft from craft lacing lanyards to duct tape clothing together. To make a long story short, we really like to make stuff.

Kristie got me hooked on crochet a long time ago, so in return, I got her hooked on knitting.

Now she's paid me back for it. We went to Carolina Fiber Fest together last month, and as a direct result of all we learned and all we did, I am completely and utterly besotted by all sorts of different facets of fiber art, though the most notable new one is spinning.

I'm a full-fledged fiber junkie. I'm learning to spin on a drop spindle, which is both harder and easier than I ever would have imagined. I've learned the very basics of wheel spinning, which I prefer because it's just sooooo soothing. I've played very briefly with needle felting. I'm researching dyeing and handpainting.

I may have to remodel the storage shed into a fiber studio before too long if this continues. Otherwise, Hubby may lose his mind. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment