Sunday, June 26, 2011

Recycled

So, as of about ten seconds ago, I officially finished frogging my first "recycled" sweater. My thumb aches from wrapping yarn around it all weekend into center-pull balls, but it's worth it not to have my precious harvest all tangled up. I ended up with four good-sized center-pull eggs (my hand-wound yarn balls always end up egg-shaped for some reason), one medium-sized ball, three small balls and two teeny tiny ones, along with a fistful of waste yarn (strands that broke, strands that were part of weird shaping spots and strands from teh segment I had to cut out because there was an embroidered logo that I just couldn't pluck out).

When my niddy-noddy gets here, I'm gonna hank it all up and de-ramenify it. Then, it will become an October is for Spinners scarf.

My next victim will be the blue merino, now that I have a seam ripper and a clue.

As for knitting, once I get my recycled yarn tucked away for the night, I'm going to ball up my gorgeous Miss Piggy sock yarn from Wild Hare Fiber Studio tonight so I can cast on for Sunday Swing Socks. I think the pattern is just busy enough to keep the knitting interesting while not overwhelming the handpainted yarn.

All in all, today has been a good fiber day for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment