Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Niddy-Noddy

My niddy-noddy finally came. I am stoked. I've already used it to hank up one of the balls from my merino/angora reclamation and I absolutely love it. It threw me for a bit of a loop just how tiny this little niddy-noddy is. It came in a teeny little bubble mailer, unassembled, with directions for assembly and use. The longest piece of it is about 6" long. I thought, "Well how is this gonna work? It's so small I won't be able to weigh down the yarn." But I went ahead with it anyway.

It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to wrap the yarn around it, but once I got going, it made perfect sense. Its small size makes it sooo easy to wrap the hanks quickly. I'm absolutely thrilled.

In addition to loving my niddy-noddy, I've been learning about dyeing yarn and/or fiber with KoolAid. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm itching to. There are a couple of sacrificial sweaters in my frogpile that could do with overdyeing because they're currently hideous. Tomorrow might be the day to play with that. *plots*

No comments:

Post a Comment